Friday, February 05, 2010

 On the 1 train downtown

When this woman sat across from me on the subway I wanted to (and normally would have) immediately gotten up and changed cars.  This time I didn't.  I just took her in.  Whenever I see this I always wonder if the person is wearing it for their own protection or for ours - I hope it's the latter.  I am always caught off guard by it.  It is usually in airports and on the street occasionally, rarely in the subway.  This sort of thing always reminds me, in a small way, of my humanity and how an element of trust is required to live among so many different kinds of people...

1 comment:

Maica Kozak said...

sometimes i imagine they are going through some sort of treatment and their immune system is very weak - so i send extra good thoughts their way.

i love your blog. thanks for keeping it updated!